When I consider the collapsing Cult of Scientology, the word that comes to my mind over and over again is acquiescence. That is what happened to Scientologists in CoS: They acquiesced to things that were not right or true. COB and his Shadowmen worked to put Scientologists into a legal state of acquiescence. Scientologists misunderstood altogether and took acquiescence to mean compliance.
What is acquiescence?
"Acquiescence is a legal term used to describe an act of a person in knowingly standing by without raising any objection to infringement of his rights, when someone else is unknowingly and honestly putting in his resources under the impression that the said rights actually belong to him. Consequently, the person whose rights are infringed cannot anymore make a claim against the infringer or succeed in an injunction suit due to his conduct. The term is most generally, "permission" given by silence or passiveness. Acceptance or agreement by keeping quiet or by not making objections."
1. Action or inaction which binds a person legally even though it was not intended as such.
2. Action or inaction which binds a person legally even though it was not intended as such.
3. Action which is not intended as a direct acceptance of a contract will nevertheless stand as such as it implies recognition of the terms of the contract.
4. Bitten apple: For example, if I display a basket of fruit in a marketplace and you come by, inspect an apple and then bite into it, you have acquiesced to the contract of sale of that apple.
5. Acquiescence also refers to allowing too much time to pass since you had knowledge of an event which may have allowed you to have legal recourse against another, implying that you waive your rights to that legal recourse."
DM and his Shadowmen have made Scientology = the abandonment of rights, an acquiescence to the church made in fear over losing one's salvation. DM and his Shadowmen did this while hiding behind the UN Charter of Human Rights. This is scandalous and spiritually criminal! This type of behavior is exactly what Karma punishes.
Marty Rathbun has answered to acquiescence with insouciance. This is close, but the better answer, the superior synthesis is Revolution. There is a Major Revolution occurring inside and outside of CoS. Theta is natively rebelling. Scientologists experience this Revolution in different ways. However, they know that an undeniable change, a major shift is underway. IMO, Marty senses the runaway Energy and wants to constructively channel it into a creative "LRH Tech Renaissance" that he characterizes as a spirit of insouciance. His efforts will gain some support, but as I see it, the Group Engram has to release all of its stored Energy before things can relax back down to a stable state condition. This could take years and years. Scientology will never be the same.
What is happening in Scientology is an asymmetrical, runaway spiritual event, a vast unwinding and uncoiling of stored Energy. In the history of movements, senior people die as a symbol of an era passing away. IMO, Earle Cooley's recent death was a Karmic indicator that the era of DM is drawing to a close.